Steps to microdosing!
The following step-by-step suggestions are based on the LSD microdosing protocol outlined by Dr. James Fadiman, America’s foremost psychedelic researcher.
- Obtain the substance. People can find legal microdosing supplements in certain shops and online.
- Take the first dose. On the morning of a day without any major obligations and without any children present, take the first microdose — 1/10 – 1/5 of a normal dose, about 100mg – 250mg
- Pay attention. Sit back and observe the experience. The individual should notice whether or not it matches their initial goals. Keep a log of the day to track the effects. Note: the length of each microdosing experience will vary depending on which substance has been used.
- Adjust (if needed). Did the first time create the desired result? If so, this is the ideal dose. If not, adjust accordingly.
- Proceed with regular use. To start a regimen, follow the “one day on, two days off” principle and continue for up to 10 weeks. This will help avoid building up a tolerance. Building up a tolerance could potentially result in “diminishing returns [a decrease in the desired results] after a few days,” according to The Third Wave.
It should be noted that the effects of certain substances can last for up to two days and be detected by blood or urine drug testing a week or more after dosing. Hair follicle testing has a longer detection window, too.
That said, cannabis use may be detected up to 30 days after a dose — even from passive exposure — depending upon the sensitivity of the drug test.
Why do people microdose?
Microdosing began gaining traction as a way to increase energy and productivity to help brainstorm and tackle road blocks in strategies and coding.
While some people still look to microdosing to help improve their professional efficiency, there are said to be a number of other benefits. Here are a few of the most common:
- better focus
- higher levels of creativity
- relief from depression
- more energy
- less anxiety in social situations
- emotional openness
- help quitting coffee, pharmaceutical drugs, or other substances
- relief from menstrual pain
- heightened spiritual awareness
What is Microdosing?
Microdosing started out as a “productivity hack” in Silicon Valley among developers, engineers and others using them to make themselves more energized, focused, creative or productive. As the name implies micro-dosing involves taking small doses of psilocybin mushrooms on an intermittent schedule throughout your work week for increased focus & creativity.
Using micro dosages of the entheogenic compound psilocybin to improve mental acuity, creativity and emotional intelligence is a safe bet. This approach gets all of the benefits without any risk for “bad trips” that can sometimes occur when large doses are taken in some people! It is all about the mental health benefits vs the recreational high that comes with larger doses.
Microdosing psilocybin is attracting a lot of attention from professionals. College professors, doctors and scientists are all taking notice as more people turn to this natural remedy for mental wellness benefits that improve their work life balance without any side effects or lasting consequences!
- Microdose – 100mg – 250mg
- Macrodose – 250mg – 500mg
- Creative dose – 500mg – 1000mg